Fishtown was once the name for North Long Branch. An 1873 map calls the area “Atlanticville”. The name Fishtown still appears on the Bay Door of the Atlantic Avenue Firehouse.
Door of the Oliver Byron Fire Company on Atlantic Ave
Map showing the area called Atlanticville
Map showing the area called Fishtown
The first fire station in Long Branch was the Neptune Hose Company No. 1 formed in 1866. The Atlantic Engine Company No. 2 (on Broadway) was formed in 1874. This is a copy of their founding document.
Oliver Byron Fire Company Station House - 2022
The Oliver Byron Hose Company No. 3 was originally formed in 1890 and was part of the Long Branch Fire Department. According to the fire department wiki page, this station is no longer active.
Early photos of the Long Branch Fire Department